Fighting Hair Loss
Hair Restoration with Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) … The Promising Solution
Hair loss is a common concern that affects both men and women, causing distress and impacting self-confidence. Various factors, such as aging, hormonal changes, genetics, and medical conditions, can contribute to hair loss. However, the emergence of Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) therapy in the field of hair restoration has provided a promising solution. In this article, we will delve into the causes of hair loss and explore how our team at Morpheus Medical Aesthetics can help individuals restore their hair using PRP.
Understanding the causes of hair loss
- Aging: As we age, our hair follicles gradually shrink, resulting in thinner and weaker hair strands. This natural process is known as androgenic alopecia, or pattern baldness, and affects both men and women.
- Hormonal Changes: Hormonal imbalances, particularly in menopause for women and with the production of dihydrotestosterone (DHT) in men, can lead to hair thinning and eventual loss.
- Genetics: Hereditary factors play a significant role in hair loss. If your parents or close relatives experienced hair loss, you may be more prone to it as well.
- Medical Conditions: Certain medical conditions, such as alopecia areata, thyroid disorders, and autoimmune diseases, can cause hair loss. Additionally, nutritional deficiencies and side effects of medications can contribute to hair thinning.
Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) therapy has gained popularity as a safe and effective hair restoration technique. PRP is derived from the patient’s own blood and contains a high concentration of platelets rich in growth factors.
The PRP Procedure:
- Blood Collection: A small amount of blood is drawn from the patient’s arm, similar to a routine blood test.
- Centrifugation: The blood sample is then placed in a centrifuge machine, where it is spun at a high speed to separate the plasma from other components.
- Activation: The separated plasma, rich in platelets, is activated to release growth factors.
- Injection: The activated PRP is carefully injected into the scalp, targeting areas of thinning or receding hair.
How PRP works:
PRP stimulates hair growth by promoting the proliferation of hair follicles and increasing blood supply to the scalp. The growth factors present in PRP stimulate dormant hair follicles, triggering them to enter the active growth phase. This process leads to the development of thicker, stronger hair strands.
The advantages of PRP for hair restoration:
- Non-Surgical: PRP therapy is a non-surgical procedure, making it a preferred choice for individuals seeking hair restoration without the risks and downtime associated with invasive procedures.
- Natural and Safe: Since PRP utilizes the patient’s own blood, the risk of allergic reactions or adverse side effects is minimal. The treatment is safe, with no foreign substances being introduced to the body.
- Effective and Long-lasting: Numerous studies have shown the effectiveness of PRP in stimulating hair growth and reducing hair loss. Regular PRP sessions can help maintain the results and provide long-lasting hair restoration.
How our Medspa can help:
At both of our MedSpas, we offer specialized PRP therapy for hair restoration. Our experienced professionals will guide you through the process, addressing any concerns and tailoring the treatment to your specific needs. Our commitment to client satisfaction and safety ensures that you receive the best possible results from your PRP therapy.
Hair loss can be a distressing experience, but with advancements in medical aesthetics, we can help you. Do not wait and contact our experienced team at Morpheus Medical Aesthetics today!